Tuesday 31 July 2007

I'm In Heaven At Undersky

Finally, the best restaurant on the beach has re-opened. Our first night there Adam and I shared a Whole Grilled Snapper with Undersky Special Coconut Curry sauce. It was delicous and the sauce was so good I thought there wasn't enough served with the fish.

The next day we choose a papaya salad and a Yam Undersky Salad with Cashew Nuts. Both were excellent but I would have to say that the the latter is one of the best salads I have ever tasted. Stir-fried chunks of squid, cubes of barracuda, succulent prawns and small pieces of chicken tossed into a salad of long green beans, tomatoes, onions, spring onions, carrot, finely sliced slivers of lemongrass and roasted cashew nuts all tossed in a dressing of chillies, palm sugar, fish sauce, garlic and lime juice.




Undersky has an extensive Thai menu, in fact the largest on the beach. I highly recommend their coconut shakes, Adam and I have been trying to limit ourselves to one a day. They taste so good they can't be healthy and I think I have the secret fattening ingredient. I will have to experiment when I get home and then I will share the recipe with you.

No comments: